Soooo...Wednesday I had my last month to month appointment. For the next 4-5 weeks, it will be visits every two weeks. I have also scheduled 2 more ultrasounds. The doctor wants to have these to measure their growth and make sure they are progressing properly. She wanted one as soon as possible. So next Friday I will have the first one and then another 3 weeks later. In addition to that...I have to do a test for gestational diabetes....I am supposed to drink this little plastic bottle filled with orange liquid that supposed to be pretty bad and taste like flat pop. Then go in within an hour to have my blood drawn (Bdon is coming with me just in case) to see how fast my body is digesting the glucose.
So at the appointment on Wednesday, the doctor said I am looking really good. Didn't say I was gaining too much (as of to date I have gained 30 lbs...:-O...i will gain more too because there's two babies) and we did the little ultrasound like we do at every appointment. Well, the good news, still no stretch marks :-) Bad news: at this point in time, both of the babies are in breech positions. You maybe saying to yourself, "eh she's got time" but the doc at the previous appointment had mentioned that between 24-28 weeks is when their positions become, for the most part, permanent, as they are growing they are running out of room faster than a singleton baby would and turning is not so easy at later dates. If neither flip, its a cesaerean for me....I know its not all that bad, but I don't want to have to try to focus on healing and being careful with myself as well as trying to be a great mom to 2 babies.
I am trying to think positive, I am only at 26 weeks....there's still a chance they will flip, or at least he will. If he flips at least than we will be ok, and then we can try to flip her during labor if necessary. I think the doc was a little disappointed, but hey that's life. I am trying to keep positive, but good thoughts and prayers sent this way wouldn't hurt and would be greatly appreciated :-)
Other than that, I am measuring at about 31cm, about 4-6 weeks ahead of a singleton baby. This is normal and I am at where I should be. The doc is very pleased. We also discussed what date I should put on my pre-registration form for expected delivery, and Dr. Rogers said she won't let me go past August 17th....so we know they will be here by at least then if I don't go into labor sooner. With twins, they don't like to go past 38 weeks...the babies start running out of room with less fluids and there are some risks.
I can't wait for the ultrasound next week. It's exciting now...I have something almost every week for a while now. :-)
Oh! Walter and I have also signed up for Childbirth Preparation classes at Stevens Memorial Hospital...which is where I will be delivering. (And for most of you, yes, that is where Mom delivered both Bdon and me :-) Full Circle.) The classes are for 7 weeks and we will be going over breathing techniques and childbirth as well as newborn care and breastfeeding! I am excited. We are the only ones with twins, and I think, if I remember correctly, the only one with a boy too....weird huh?
Oh! wow this ended up really long....well I better go, lunch is almost over...Loves to you all!
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment