Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Glucose Testing

Two weeks I had to go in for my Glucose Screening Test. I had to chug down this AWFUL! drink that tasted like warm flat orange pop! Then Brandon took me to the lab to get my blood drawn one hour later. I found out the next day that my glucose was too high....which I was warned it could be because I'm having twins and that there's old age diabetes in the family. I was totally bummed out! It was actually kinda hard news to take, kinda felt like I was supposed to be taking care of myself for this test and I failed at my one of my first runs at mommy duty. But thanks to my mommy, she helped me to see that it was okay and that it is the situation and not me. The best mom!


So because I didn't pass the first test I had to take a 3 hour test. They drew my blood before I had any glucose drinks again (and after 10 hours of fasting...tell about it...i had basically three mouths to feed...I was hungry!) then I downed another glucose drink, but this time they had had it in the fridge and it tasted like super sweet lemon-lime pop, and it had twice the amount of glucose than the first drink. So then I had an hour to do whatever, but just to stay within in the hospital and then they would take my blood again....i brought a good book :-) and this repeated for the next 2 hours...total of four blood draws....I found out the next morning that I passed with flying colors and my doc was sooo happy and was very pleased with my results!

No comments:

Post a Comment