Tuesday, March 2, 2010

5 Month Reviews

So this is how we are going to do it. I was going to slowly add little blogs about each month, but instead, I will just give the highlights from them.

1st Month (8/18-9/18): The major highlights were the 5 generation pictures, the baptism, Brandon visiting and other family visiting from far away, and my 24th birthday. The babies grew very fast and were somewhere around 8.25 lbs to 8.5lbs. and about 22 inches. I had lost the majority of my baby weight by the end of the month, but I was still slowly recovering from the C-Section. My grandma (GiGi) and my mom were still switching nights off and on to help me and Walter through the nights. Chloe was getting better at attaching and Corvin wasn't screaming in his sleep to wake up enough to pass gas and then cry and go back to sleep. We had experimented with formula, and have settled on the Gentlease formula from Enfamil.

2nd Month (9/19-10/18): The babies are growing like weeds: Corvin was 12lbs 13oz and 24 in and Chloe was 12lbs 4.5oz and 24 in. They definitely grew out of a lot of their newborn clothes and were onto 3 month clothing and out of some of them. They really liked to be on their tummies and they were starting to really show personalities. Chloe took to actually standing while being burped, which made it a bit harder to actually burp her due to how long she was getting.


Sadly it was in this month that GiGi had to go home. It had been 5 weeks since her visit of just 6 day actually began ;-)

3rd Month
(10/19-11/18): Corvin was 14lbs 13oz and 25 in and Chloe was 14lbs and 25 in. They didn't gain much this month, but they were definitely getting out of the 3 month clothing and moving to the 6 month stuff. This month was an eventful one. They started to get more vocal (especially Corvin) and they were starting to smile. Mornings were lots of fun, getting to hear happy babbling and coming in to smiling babies :-D Both babes also rolled from their stomachs to their backs. It was also the month that Corvin decided to take a couple of nights and sleep through the night. Luckily it was during the first few days back on the job for me. I started back just the three days a week, but I was only working half days. My mom is babysitting the babes for us. And was watching them at our house. We also went to the cabin with my parents for a weekend. It was kinda nice getting out of the house and to the peaceful cabin. The twins also had their first Halloween. Corvin was a little jailbird and Chloe was a pumpkin. I think this is when we started the walkers too.

4th Month (11/19-12/18): Corvin was 16lbs 6oz and 25.5 in and Chloe was 16lbs and 25.5 in. This month Brandon got to come home and see the babies. He was in Uncle heaven :-) It was close to 3.5 months since he got to see them in person (we had been skyping). We did Thanksgiving with Walter's family and spent time as a family with my family as Brandon was only in town for a little while. We also went down to Walter's parents' place in Ocean Shores. During this month the babes were starting to scream while on their tummies (I think they wanted to go places and couldn't figure it out yet) and they were working on getting balance to sit up! They started taking rice cereal 3 days a week and were loving it. By this time Corvin had become very efficient in his walker getting around very well, while Chloe was just content to sit in it and play with the toy bar.

5th Month (12/19-1/18): Corvin was 17lbs 10oz and Chloe was 17lbs 3oz. This month we took another trip down to Oregon to see the babes' Great Great Grandma for her 90th birthday. This time Walter and Dad came along too :-) It was a wonderful visit. We also went to our church's children's Christmas party and of course had their 1st Christmas. It was a lot of fun. There was a lot of Walter's family who hadn't seen the babies yet and live in the area, and they got to see them and they got a lot of presents. I think we will be good on clothes for a while :-) SPOILED ;-) But we are very very very very grateful! Also, this month I started back up to full days (7hrs) three days a week and I started to cart them over to my parents' house. Brandon came back again and we got to go to the cabin for a few days. This month they started taking rice cereal once a day every day. I ended up starting like a few days early because poor Chloe was soo upset when I was eating with her in my lap, that she wouldn't calm down until I gave her the rice cereal. Chloe has gotten much better at the walker and is moving mainly forward, but just seems happy still sitting there, while you have to watch out for your toes with Corvin who likes to be right next to you :-D They are still screaming while on their tummies, but it's taking longer to get to that point, its weird, they used to like it and now all of a sudden just can't handle it....i think they were ready to motate, but just couldn't figure out how. OH! They both had been actively working on rolling from their backs to their fronts and Corvin accomplished it one night and Chloe was right behind him the next night....

Ok, I think that catches most of you up....its almost 1 am and I am getting very sleepy. I will try to get the 6 Month update out soon! Loves to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment