So today I went to the library to study in some peace and quiet, but that was a joke! I went to the Evertt Public Library in downtown Everett, like I usually do, but this was the WORSE experience I have had there! Everything was fine and dandy for like the first hour or hour and a half. First off, some guy sat down with me at the table I was at and I was thinking, hmmm, never had some stranger share my table, but hey, it's not like I owe it. So everything was fine, until he put his Ipod on and breathing the beat. I am not talking about like actual breathing, but kinda that puffing through your lips and he did it breathing out and in.....AHHH!...he didn't have bad breath, thank goodness, but it was totally throwing me off my game,....it was sooooo distracting. I just kept thinking, "please don't be here long". I felt bad, but it was all I could do not to roll my eyes and tell him to stop. Then, another random guy came and sat down with me at the table (the table must have had a bigger vacancy sign compared with everyone else's) I was thinking, please just let him be a quiet library visitor (he never pulled out study materials, so I figured he was there just killing time)....and again, everything was fine for a while. By this time I was starting to get a little stiff from sitting in the wooden chair for like 3 or so hours, so I got up to throw my Starbucks cup (don't worry it was a decaf carmel macchiato......they ran out of Chai) and stretch my legs and look out at the view of the sound and the naval base (the USS Lincoln was in)....I could see this guy watching my every moves, and then as I sat down I just started hoping that he wouldn't feel the need to start talking to me......oh, well, my hope was great enough or something, because he started asking me about what I was studying, and I politely told him it was study material for my CPA exam I will be taking next Tuesday. Well, he must've liked this topic, because he kept talking about how basically "our generation" (he was 25...and very open to give me details about him) doesn't have the ability for retention and how we don't get far and how we can't even function at McDonalds....I engaged in polite conversation, said something like it must depend on who you know, your teachers, and the interest in what you do that depends on how much you retain and learn....he was also one of those guys that has an opinion about everything and thinks he's right and kinda just likes to talk....this lasted for like 30MIN!!! I was very polite and tried to be Christain about it, but man was he getting on my nerves....finally he abated and I went back to studying, well he then interupted like 3 or 4 more times telling me different things like about his Church's Christmas play in January because of the snow and about dentistry anesthesia (I happened to leak that my husband was getting work done on Monday, so I was trying to get as much done as I could today, hoping it might deter him a bit, it was a nice try).....I tried soo hard to be polite and get some studying done!!! Finally, he had to go, and when he left, he gave me his name and number if I wanted to see the play, because you know he's in it.....I couldn't believe it....he was hitting on me....ahhhh! Even after just mentioning my hubby! Well, I politely took it (I felt bad, but I threw it away) and said I would think about it....poor guy was probably just lonely, but I was at the library to get away from things at home and noises so I could concentrate better.....ah well....I did get a bunch done, but not as far as I wanted to. I think next time I have a chatty neighbor at my table, instead of enduring these plesantries, I will be a little more forward and say, that I am here to study, I am not being rude, but I need this time to focus, thank you!
Sorry this is soooo long, but I needed to vent, thanks for listening to me be chatty and ramble on :-D
Friday, January 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment