Saturday, January 17, 2009

Prenatal Appointment!

I had my first prenatal appointment on yesterday! It was a long appointment, but they tell me it will be the longest one. They did the basic pelvic exam (minus a few things, because I was just in for a regular visit in October), took some cultures, and discussed the whole family history with me as well as what I can and can't do and eat. It was fun actually. I think I was just on a high from the fact that we are pregnant!! Mom came with me because Walter had to work, and it was a good thing, because Mom was able to help fill in the blanks on some of the family history stuff. When I left they gave me this bag full of goodies, as well as a mommy to be book and information for Stevens Memorial Hospital.

Also, they gave me my official due date: August 29th!!

I have my next appointment in the middle of February, and Walter might be able to wiggle out of work for a while to come to the appointment. He's getting so excited. He can't wait til I get bigger and can feel all the extraordinary things, like the baby moving. He's going to be a wonderful dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment