(Wrote this back in December :-))
So much for trying to write a couple of blogs a couple of days apart to
update you all :-( oh well let's see what I can do now. Typing this on
my iTouch on our way back from the in laws' place in ocean shores
while the babes are sleeping :-)

The babies have arrived!
I left off last time with our hospital stay. When we got home we ate
some pizza and watched a movie. I think it was after dinner that
Walter realized my feet had ballooned up and were about 3-4 times
their normal size. We put them up and they started their way back
to normal. My mom was so wonderful and was willing to stay the night,
I wasn't quite ready to be without all the help I had been used to in
the hospital. They slept in their pack'n'play at the foot of our bed.
That was a crazy night. I got maybe about 30 min to an hour of sleep
at a time.
There after mom spent the nights helping me and Walter out. And
helping me most nights so Walter could get rest for work. Usually
I would feed one while the other was getting diapered and then we
would switch or we would diaper and I would nurse one and the
other would get a little bit of formula and then we would switch.
Man, life is busy! I am now getting back to this a week later.
Mom wanted to go see Brandon after the babes were born. So
they had booked tickets before I delivered and we called my
dad's mom, Gigi, to come help me while mom was back east. Gigi
ended up coming for 5 weeks instead of the 6 days like she was
planning. It was so nice to have her here and get to know my
grandma on a different level and learn family history. Mom came
back and they helped take care of me and my twins. With the
c-section I ended up staying on the couch once I finally made it
downstairs and didn't go back up until It was time to go to bed.
Gigi (named by my cousin's little one who couldn't say great
grandma) and my mom are God sends. I couldn't have taken care of
the twins and myself after the major surgery.

GiGi & Oma playing with the babies
Gigi and Mom: Thank you sooooooooooo much! Your love and
generosity is so greatly appreciated and I don't think there's enough
words to express how wonderful you both are.
God truly blessed me with you two!
<3
No comments:
Post a Comment