Monday, October 26, 2009

Hospital Stay

Because I had a C-section, we were able to stay in the hospital for 5 days....Monday (day of induction) to Friday. It was really nice to be there and get all the help I did....and stay in bed after major surgery. We had a lot of visitors....Walter's parents and grandparents, my parents, Crystal, Kristal, the Kvardas, Julie and Cindy, David, Lauren and her mom, Bri and Jeff, JJ and Susie, Kathy and Alexandra.....I think I got everyone, if not I am sorry....I truely am grateful and appreciative that you came and saw us. My mom was there everyday and Dad showed up in the evenings. Walter spent every night in the hospital with me on the little chair by my bed.

Some highlights from our hospital stay:
  • Both babes lost a lot of weight....Chloe lost 13oz and Corvin lost 11oz...this concerned the doc, so after we left we went and saw our pediatrician the next day and three more times in a month to make sure they were gaining properly and they were.
  • Corvin wasn't getting enough from my colostrum and ended up losing his voice within 2 days. We ended up supplementing with formula for both babes by day 2.
  • Had a ton of flowers and balloons in our room, the nurses kept telling how loved I was :-) boy did we know :-D
  • Chloe had a hard time latching and didn't end up eating for the first 24 hours-ish and when she did latch she had a hard time getting on and ended up making my nipple bleed. Good thing I was still at the hospital and had access to a wonderful nurse and lactation nurse.
  • FINALLY got to eat Monday morning! and finally got to take a shower on Tuesday! (had to wait because of surgery)
  • By the end of Monday, I had all of the tubes and hoses out....it was soooo nice to be free.
  • Ended up with an allergic reaction to the morphine like pain killer and had to switch to Vicadin. Got really really itchy!
  • Walter helped out sooo much at night with the babes. Would go for walks with them at night to help soothe them and to let me sleep.
  • The nurses helped him out and took the babes a couple of times to let us sleep....was hard at first....felt like I was being a bad mom not having my babes with me.
  • Dr Rogers said I was healing nicely and that the scar looked good.
  • Corvin got his circumcision.
  • Walter and I had a celebration lunch of steak and cheesecake and other delicious treats.
  • Got to go home on Friday!

Walter taking a nap in the comfy chair next to my bed

Proud Grandparents (my parents)

This is lovingly known as the Yin-Yang picture :-)

Me and my beautiful twins!

Arriving at home at last!

No comments:

Post a Comment