Monday, October 26, 2009

Labor & Delivery Cont....


After we were wheeled back into the room, Walter and I got some alone time with the babies. We were sooo overjoyed. They were both so healthy and beautiful. It's something I will never forget, holding those two brand new babies and they were happy and so awake. Corvin stayed awake for about 3 hours if not more after he was born.

Corvin Ryder Phillips...6lbs 14oz 19in...born at 1:17am

Chloe Rebekah Phillips....7lbs 1oz 19.5in....born at 1:19am

After a bit, Mom came in and we handed her a baby. She was so funny....at first she was kinda like "No....they are so tiny....nothing like you and your brother!" (B was 9lbs13oz and I was 10lbs1.5oz) Eventually we had to give Chloe to the nurse, she was a little on the cold side and needed to be under the heat lamp in our room. Walter went and got the rest of the family....when he did Corvin heard him leave and started to cry until he heard Walter's voice coming back into the room. Crazy how he already felt comfort with his daddy's voice.
Visitors after babes were born

Chloe under the warming lights....sunbathing beauty already!

After like 4am everyone had gone and it was just Walter, me, the babes and nurses. The twins got their first baths and were sleeping. I, on the other hand, was put on a morphine like drip to help with the pain as the epi was wearing off and as they manipulated my tummy....they were worried about some clotting issues with me. Eventually I got to go to sleep....ahhhhhhh....
It was the most difficult and most rewarding day ever! I can see why my dad says what he does about mothers.....God makes women stupid....we forget all the pain and suffering and get pregnant again.....why not....we get the best gift ever afterwards......new life!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your dad! I think I'm stupid for already thinking about having another baby. (Don't worry- it's not going to happen any time soon though!) It's just crazy how fast my son is growing up...and how I've already forgotten how bad my pregnancy was. Oh and p.s. we have the same blue car seat. :)

    ReplyDelete