Thursday, March 19, 2009

Doc Appt 3/19

So today I had a short visit with the doctor to see how the babies and I are doing. Today's visit started off with her feeling my belly (which is becoming more and more tight), and just a discussion of how I am feeling and any concerns. Besides being sleepy and a perpetual stuffy nose, I am doing just fine. We also got to see the babies again...always refreshing...on an old-school 3x3 inch monitor. She showed us where the placentas are, the top baby has it on the backside (so closer into my body....closest to my back) and the bottom baby's is on the top of the sack. I should feel the lower one more than the top one because of the placement of the placentas. This led to a discussion about feeling the babies move and self monitoring. If I am having a hard time telling that both are moving, then there's an option to be monitored once a week at like 30-32 weeks, but she really wants to avoid that....she doesn't want us to have to worry about paying for that, but if it's what we have to do then that's what we will do, but we have a while before having to worry about that. The last thing she did was measure my abdomen, and I am at 22-23 centimeters....she said all in all I am doing great, just make sure I keep up with a good diet and exercise.

I had to schedule 2 more appointments. One is the monthly appointment which is 4/17 @ 3:20pm. And the second appointment is the exciting one!!!! We had to schedule a 2 hour session for an ultrasound to measure the babies, make sure they are OK, check out the anatomy, and........................determine the genders!!!!!!!!!!!!! This appointment will be 4/8 @ 10am.

So now my dear readers, you know and you will just have to wait til then to find out the juicy details :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment